Exotiska växter i Skandinavien

Svar: Hårdføre Citrus *PIC*
Som svar till: Hårdføre Citrus *LINK* ()

Hello together,

sorry for writing in english , but it is defenitely easier for me than to use transalation tools for swedish. In addition to what is said regarding hardy citrus I want to report about my visit at Baches near Perpignan which is a famous citrus nursery also for hardy citrus. Unfortunately I did not realize, that the nursery has only opened at a very limited time. As I arrived and stayed overnight at the weekend during my holidays in August I was not able to check end purchase any plant from baches. Next time I will do better ...

Only to give you some impressions pls find below some fotos I took at the marvelous scenery near Baches,which is absolutely worth to visit.

BTW at the garden of accomodation at Prades the owneer is keeping Lemons and Oragnetrees so that ist seems to be possible to keep normal citrus at protected locations.

What I basecally want to report is the actuel status of my hardy citrus at Hamburg. The fotos I took mid of September

First some fruits of the Hybrid US852 a crossing of Poncirus X c. reticulata "Changsha"

This is view of the total tree approx 2 meters high

Here a bunch of fruits of my Rustic Citrange

View of the Rustic Espalier

fruits of the Swingle Citrumelo

Total view of the Swingle (approx 3 meters high)

and finaly my spalier facing to the west which is growing extremly strong. May be this is giving you an idea what is possible and will encourage you to try on your own with hardy citrus. According to my experiences Yuzu is not hard enough to survive even in protected areas. I do recommand Citrumelos and Citrandarins for you area, Ichangensis an Ichangensis crossing are from my point of view not sutable.

Anyway I wish you goog luck with yout citrus gardens...

brgds

Andreas
Hamburg

Inlägg i den här diskussionstråden: