Exotiska växter i Skandinavien

Svar: til henrik
Som svar till: Svar: til henrik ()

Right. My danish is not so good ;)
Thunderstorms and strong short rain are very often in summer, so we have more raindays (2 days more than Kopenhagen) but i think less raintime!!! After a thunder the sun shines again and makes the climate sweltering.
On the continent cold from northwest and hot from south come together. That´s bad. ;)
But the main average T is 2-3°C higher than in denmark or even Hamburg.

Compare e.g. Karlsruhe oder other areas in southern germany where all trees are still green now and Cupressus, wine and figs grow on agricultural fields everywhere. It´s not true that all southern germany and austria areas are too cold in winter. Only the highlands of Baden Würtemberg, Bavaria or Saxony are very cold and white. The average height is 500m over sea The river dales and cities are therefor very good for Exots (150-350mm over sea).

And the Height is also a problem, Nürnberg is 311m over sea but hardly snow, while Munich is 500m over sea and have much more snowdays and frostdays.
100km away from my home there is a ski area, sometimes -25°C... thats really cold...and 2m snow (Bayerischer Wald near the Czech border, peak 1450m over sea).

Back to the lower areas:
In Comparison to Kopenhagen the day max. temperatur in winter is also higher. That makes the climate enjoying.
I lived a few month in Aalborg and London and felt more and longer slight rain and humidty there. And the summers are much colder.

An advantage has the sea coast. Good air, a bit wind and less frost in January and februar, but theese two month are over quickly :)

Cheers.

Inlägg i den här diskussionstråden: